Sasiani Terms & Conditions
These Terms & Conditions are a contract between the Client (You) and Sasiani African Safaris (ABN 80 282 370 742). Please read the following Terms & Conditions carefully. You must not make a booking unless you understand and agree with the following Terms & Conditions.
“Client” = the name of the person on the Enquiry-Booking Form. Where the travel party includes more than one person, the term “Client” may include each person in the Booking Party.
“SAS” = Sasiani African Safaris, its employees, agents and representatives.
“Suppliers” = also means Service Providers
- Before the Client books any our services or confirms his/her itinerary an Enquiry-Booking From must be completed for each guest and the Terms & Conditions box ticked (this form can be found under “Travel Info” on our website). Parents or guardians travelling with children must complete an individual Enquiry-Booking Form for each child and tick the Terms & Conditions box on each form.
- Provisional bookings will be held for 7 days after which time the booking is automatically released. This may vary between suppliers.
- The booking Terms & Conditions will vary from supplier to supplier and property to property. We can provide Client with copies of the relevant suppliers Terms & Conditions on request.
- All tour operators and suppliers have booking conditions and payment requirements which need to be adhered to in order to secure Clients booking.
- SAS reserves the right to accept or decline and/or refund or reject any booking for any reason, and at any time, without notice, in its absolute discretion, and without providing any reason.
- If prices, rates or inclusion vary from Client’s quotation or from an advertised price, SAS will advise Client prior to any payment being processed.
- At the time of booking, Client must provide their full names and surnames, and the full names and surnames of any child/ren travelling with them, as per their passports. Any incorrect ticketing and resulting costs incurred as a result of incorrect information dissemination will be charged to the Client.
- Any new products and or services specials cannot be applied to confirmed bookings.
- It is the responsibility of the Client, during the quotation process, to advise the ages of any child/ren travelling as this may restrict accommodation options available and may affect the quoted prices. Some properties may require that a private vehicle be booked, or that children below the age of 21 share with an adult.
- For groups of more than 10 guests these Terms & Conditions are not applicable, a separate agreement for group travel at the time of booking will be applicable, this may vary between suppliers.
- Confirmed bookings are non-transferable.
- Deposit: Once a provisional booking is made and written confirmation from the Client is given a deposit of 25% up to 50% is required to secure the booking, depending on the supplier. This is a non-refundable deposit. Some suppliers may require a 100% deposit payment to secure a booking however, refund policies apply.
- Quotes are valid for 14 days (validity period may vary between suppliers – see quotation) after which time they will be re-costed should the deposit not be received and confirmed. All quotations are subject to availability of all products and services at the time of booking.
- The deposit is required to be paid in full within 4 days of provisional booking confirmation; failure to make payment in this time may result in bookings not being available or cancelled. This may vary between suppliers.
- Balance payment is required 65 days prior to Client’s departure date, or payment in full if inside 65 days of travel. This may vary between suppliers.
- The Client must allow adequate time for the deposit and balance payments to clear before the due dates.
- Travel vouchers/receipts and tickets will be issued after SAS has received balance payment in full.
- Cancellation Fees – apply to all confirmed bookings:
- Cancellation 56 days and more prior to travel date, the non-refundable deposit is forfeited
- Cancellation made between 29 days and 55 days prior to travel date, the deposit plus 25% of the balance payment is forfeited
- Cancellation made between 22 days and 28 days prior to travel date, the deposit plus 50% of the balance payment is forfeited
- Cancellation made between 15 days and 21 days prior to travel date, the deposit plus 60% of the balance payment is forfeited
- Cancellation made inside 14 days of travel date; 100% cancellation fees apply.
- Please ensure that you are aware of our Booking Terms & Conditions and that payment of a deposit indicates the client’s acceptance of the Terms & Conditions.
- All cancellations must be in writing to SAS and shall only be deemed effective upon SAS’s written confirmation and acknowledgement of receipt to the Client. Should we not respond to your email within 24 hours, please resend the email. If still no response from our office, please call us and confirm the cancellation has been received.
- Failure to make the deposit or balance payment will automatically cancel the Client’s travel booking and cancellation fees will apply.
- Should the Client not arrive, SAS will consider the booking as cancelled without notification and 100% cancellation fees apply.
- Any claim the Client may have with respect to the products or services of a supplier is solely a matter between the Client and supplier. Whilst SAS will use its best endeavours to ensure cooperation between the Client and supplier, SAS accepts no responsibility for the products or services provided by a service provider/supplier.
- Each supplier has a different cancellation policy – a copy of these Terms and Conditions are available on request.
- No refunds whatsoever will be made for unused products and or services.
- Banking details are on invoices and it is the Client’s responsibility to ensure all banking details are correct and he/she remains responsible for all payments until monies has been cleared and received into SAS’s bank account. SAS accept payments via Electronic (SWIFT) Transfers and Electronic Funds Transfers into SAS’s National Bank account.
- Payment of the amount due in respect of each part of the itinerary should be paid in AUD as per the invoice, without deduction of bank or any other charges, irrespectively.
- If the Client is transferring funds to SAS’s bank account in a foreign currency, it is the responsibility of the Client to ensure their bank converts the correct amount of foreign currency into Australian dollars.
- The first amendment will not incur a fee however, the 2nd and subsequent amendments will incur a $100 fee per person per amendment. Furthermore, if additional charges or expenses are incurred in making an amendment the Client is responsible for these and will be advised immediately of such costs. The amendment fee is payable regardless of whether SAS is successful in confirming the amended reservation or not.
- SAS is not responsible for any monies lost or cancellation of any booking/s due to any technical issues relating to the electronic transfer of funds/monies from SAS’s bank account to suppliers’ bank accounts and or any associated issues.
DIGITAL & TELECOMMUNICATIONS:
- SAS is not responsible for any booking cancellation or financial losses associated with email technical faults and other digital or telecommunications technical issue or other
PRICE POLICY & SAFARI/TOUR/TRAVEL COSTS
- The facilities, local prices and amenities shown in our website, or any other media platform, or marketing material either in picture or written form were correct at the time of publication or printing, and services described therein are subject to change or withdrawal without further notice.
- The latest pricing overrides all previous advertised prices.
- SAS prices are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- Estimations, quotations, provisional bookings, confirmed bookings and any other travel costs are all subject to change at any stage of the booking process as a result of, but not limited to: exchange rate fluctuation, government charges or other taxes, levies, or regulations, fuel increases, availability; or any other influences beyond our control – i.e. increased supplier fees and charges, and the difference is payable by Client.
- Any additional costs incurred, or extras must be settled directly with the supplier upon check-out by the Client, SAS will not be held liable for additional expenses.
- Currency: All rates are quoted in Australian Dollars – AUD.
- Single travellers may be required to pay a Single Supplement. A twin-share guest may also be required to pay a Single Supplement if their intended share companion cancels for any reason and late notice prevents another companion from taking his/her place.
- The following are not included in client’s travel cost: passport, visas, gratuities (except where indicated), travel insurance, unscheduled activities and safari extensions and any other expense not outlined in Client’s itinerary,
- Inclusion and exclusion are outlined in clients itinerary.
- Accommodation and services are subject to availability at the time of booking. Should the accommodation of choice not be available, we will suggest alternative options within the client’s style and budget pertaining to original request.
- We reserve the right to offer alternative accommodation of a similar standard in the case the accommodation operator over books their property or for any reason beyond our control, in this event the difference is payable by the client.
AIRLINE/CHARTER BOOKINGS/CANCELLATION POLICY
- SAS airline bookings are instant purchases and Airlines require full payment upfront by credit card, BPay or other as specified on invoice. Flights ticket/s by an Airline or Charter Company (or any other carrier) will constitute the sole contract between the Airline or Charter Company (or any other carrier) and Client.
- Flights booked through SAS are governed by the Terms & Conditions of the Airline or Charter Company.
- In most cases all airline tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Airline cancellation cees may apply to Client’s particular airfare.
- Any cancellations or changes to Client’s international, domestic or charter flight/s airline tickets will be resolved by the provider.
- SAS is not liable for any delays or additional cost incurred as a result of airlines or charter flights either changing schedule, not running to schedule or any other reason.
- Charter Flights: Each Client shall be entitled to no more than one soft bag weighing no more than 20 kilograms. This includes camera bags and hand luggage. Space for additional luggage can be purchased if required but advance notification is required to guarantee additional space, please advise when confirming your booking. This may vary between suppliers.
- All travellers booking through SAS must take out full comprehensive Travel Insurance. Insurance should cover; cancellations, curtailment of safaris, tours, holidays and courses, emergency evacuation and emergency assistance expenses, medical expenses, accidental death and disability, repatriation expenses, damage/theft/loss of personal baggage and items, and money.
- SAS, including their Representatives, Employees, Agents and Marketing Office, will not be responsible for any cost, losses incurred or suffered by the Client or their dependants or travelling companions, with regards to, but no limited to, any of the above-mentioned eventualities.
- Travel Insurance Policy Number and the Insurer’s Name are required by our office either at the time of booking your travel or payment of deposit. SAS reserves the right to cancel any booking/s if client/s fail to provide their travel insurance policy number prior to booking confirmation.
- All passport holders should verify passport and visa entry requirements with relevant consulate/s prior to travel departure.
- Passports must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of departure, and the Client should have a minimum of 4 blank pages in his/her passport, ideally 6 if travelling to several countries, check with consulate/s.
- It is the Client’s responsible to ensure that all travel documents are valid and correct, including but not limited to visas (unless issued on arrival), passports, medical certificates and insurance policies prior to travel departure and no responsibility can be held for incorrect travel documents. SAS cannot be held liable should entry into a country be denied.
- Visit the Embassy website in your country of residence for up-to-date travel information – SAS is not responsible for the content thereof.
- In addition, the Client is responsible for all travel documentation for any child/ren under the age of 18 years travelling with them.
- It is the Client’s responsibility to be aware of all health requirements for their travel destination. Contact a travel doctor or travel vaccination centre to seek professional medical advice regarding health precautions and requirements. It is important to note that some vaccinations maybe recommended sometime prior to travel. Clients are responsible for the health requirements of any child/ren under 18.
- It is the Client’s responsibility to arrange from home any necessary prescribed medications and to carry this medication in their hand luggage along with a copy of the prescriptions and a letter from your doctor, outlining your medication requirements.
- At the time of booking SAS must be advised of any existing and or pre-existing medical conditions that the Client or any child/ren travelling with the Client may have, or any medical conditions that may affect the safe operation of safaris, tours and activities.
- It is the responsibility of the Client to check that all travel documents supplied by SAS, including but not limited to the itinerary, travel vouchers and airline/charter plane tickets are correct, and to be familiar with all inclusions and exclusions.
TRAVELLING WITH MINORS
- All passengers under 18 years of age will need to present an unabridged birth certificate as well as a valid passport when entering, departing or transiting South Africa and Botswana. Abbreviated versions or baptismal certificates are not accepted. This requirement applies to minors of all nationalities – whether travelling unaccompanied, with both parents, with one parent or with a guardian/s or another adult/s. A sworn translation (certified/authenticated) in English should accompany all documentation that is in a language other than English. For single parents, or those travelling alone with child/ren, the following must be provided: an affidavit (no more than 3 months old on the date of travel) in which the absent parent gives consent for the child to travel, or a court order granting full responsibility or legal guardianship of the child, or the death certificate of the absent parent (see FAQ on our website under Travel Info).
SUPPLIERS/TOUR OPERATORS INDEMNITY
- Client may be required to sign a Tour Operator’s Indemnity Form prior to joining a safari, tour or activity. Refusal to sign will result in the Client being denied participation in the safari, tour or activity, with no refund forthcoming.
- Age restrictions may apply to some safaris, tours and or activities, accommodation or other as specified in Client’s travel documentation.
- Some safaris will bring Clients into close contact with wild animals. It is the Client’s responsibility to ensure his/her own safety and the safety of all dependants by adhering to all instructions from guide/s, lodge/camp/hotel staff and any wildlife, travel, government and or other authority. SAS cannot be held responsible in the event that an attack takes place. SAS, nor their employees or suppliers can be held responsible for any attack, injury or accident that may occur as a result of an interaction with a wild or domestic animal.
- As a Booking Agent, SAS accepts no liability for death, personal injury, property damage, financial loss, lost baggage, or any other claims resulting from a third party and/or Client’s negligence, including but not limited to the failure to disclose any existing and/or pre-existing medical condition.
- SAS acts as a Booking Agent for suppliers of products and services and accepts no liability for any injury, loss, damage, accident, delay or irregularity that may arise to any Client or third party resulting from the Client or third-party use of the Products and or Services.
- All bookings are made on Client’s behalf subject to the Terms & Conditions, including conditions of carriage and limitations of liability, imposed by these service providers. We can provide Client with copies of the relevant Service Provider Terms & Conditions on request.
- Client’s legal rights in connection with the provision of travel services are against the specific providers and, (except to the extent a problem is caused by fault on our part) are not against SAS.
- Specifically, if for any reason and travel service provider is unable to provide the services for which the Client has contracted, your rights are against the provider and not against SAS.
- To the extent permitted by law, neither SAS nor any of its related employees or agents accept any liability in contract, tort or otherwise for any injury, damage, loss (including consequential loss), delay, withdrawal of facilities, activities, safaris and or tours, additional expenses or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by the acts, omissions or default, whether negligent or otherwise of Third Party Providers over whom we have no direct control, force majeure or any other event which is beyond our control or which is not preventable by reasonable diligence on our part.
- Should the unlikely situation arise that the Client has a complaint about any aspect of a safari, tour, holiday, facility, hotel, lodge, camp or any abnormal incidents, including: injury, service problems, cancellations of a service and or dissatisfaction, they must report it immediately to the safari tour guide, or to the suppliers management, and where applicable to SAS, in order to be given the opportunity to rectify the problem and if necessary administer medical treatment or arrange medical evacuation.
- SAS applies all reasonable checks to ensure those involved in the preparation and provision of accommodation, all transfers, safaris, tours activities and any other booking function maintain the appropriate industry standards.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, SAS will not be liable for: any indirect, special, incidental, punitive, exemplary, consequential or other damages.
- The Client fully indemnifies SAS from and against any claim made by any third party for loss, harm, damage, cost or expense that the third party suffers as a result of the Client’s or any Other Persons or Animals conduct.
- These Terms & Conditions shall be governed in all respect by the laws of Australia (State of Queensland) and any claims or disputes between the client and SAS in connection with this agreement shall be commenced, filed and litigated before a court of proper jurisdiction in the State of Queensland, Australia.
- The parties agree that these Terms constitute the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter of the Terms. No warranty, representation, promise or agreement made by SAS, its employees, agents or representatives with respect to the subject matter of the Terms shall form a part of the agreement unless SAS expressly agrees in writing that it intends to amend these Terms.